Editor Requirements - General
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a Master's degree, PhD, or equivalent professional experience in any academic discipline.
- Have at least two years of professional experience as an editor, copyeditor, or proofreader.
- Be proficient in MS Word and its tracked changes feature.
- Have experience in efficient document management.
Be familiar with at least two of the following:
- Academic documentation citation and formatting styles, such as APA, MLA, Chicago Manual of Style, Turabian, and Harvard style.
- Business documents, including marketing, corporate communications, speeches, multimedia presentations, training materials, user guides, e-learning, and online help.
- Manuscripts in all genres: novels, screenplays, short stories, poetry, biographies, etc.
- Web content: website editing and analysis in terms of effective design, 508 accessibility, navigational ease, and SEO.
Have additional proficiency in at least one of the following applications (optional):
- Adobe Acrobat Vs 8 (Professional) for editing PDFs
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Framemaker
- DITA and Arbortext Editor
- Final Draft
- Movie Magic Screenwriter
Have reliable access to the Internet and the ability to access the Internet several times a day; be committed to quality editing; have a responsible and flexible attitude; work well under pressure; adhere to deadlines; and provide a consistently superior level of work. Before sending your resumes / CVs / cover letters, please check the following requirements:
- Applicants must be willing to work as independent contractors.
- Applicants must have a reliable high-speed Internet connection.
- Payment rates will only be discussed personally with successful applicants.
We are currently seeking editors with the above requirements
Academically Qualified & Experienced Editors Wanted (any country)
- ESL experience highly regarded
- APA (6th), Chicago, or Harvard style experience a must
- Technical/Science Editors (IEEE citation style) also needed
- Business Materials Editors (Web content experience a plus)
NOTE: We are currently in need of qualified editors who are available to work on weekends.
If you meet any of these requirements, please send your CV or resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, please understand if we do not respond personally to your inquiry. No follow-up e-mails or phone calls, please.