WordsRU's professional online editorial service will ensure that your textbook has a logical, transparent, and user-friendly structure - one that is clear, concise, and consistent, facilitating quick and direct access to information either in overview or as a ready reference guide.
In addition to checking your textbook for structure and ease of access, your editor will ensure that key areas in your topic are identified and dealt with in relevant sequence, and that the text is correctly written, appropriate to your audience, and precise.
of our new clients say they will use our service again
- Within 48 hours, deadline guaranteed.*
- Professional results.
- Excellent value.
- Free sample edit with your first Job.
Measured from receipt of payment, for edits less than 5,000 words.
of our clients would recommend us to a friend
Despite your proficiency in your discipline, compiling a textbook is no easy feat! All textbooks share many of the same needs, including a clearly defined structure, accurate content, and language that appeals to readers without undermining the subject matter.
The creation and sharing of knowledge are complementary acts; it is a boon to society for experts and researchers to disseminate their knowledge to interested audiences.
The aim of WordsRU's textbook editors and proofreaders is always to enhance your words while preserving your voice-your editor will take special care to not alter the content or tone of your textbook. We aim to unify that which may be in conflict - unresolved issues, extraneous text, inconsistencies, and lapses in continuity—to ensure that your textbook is given the best possible opportunity to achieve longevity in your specific field.
What We Will Do for You
WordsRU's professional editors can help you make the most of your textbook. To that end, we will:
- Edit your textbook for grammatical, spelling, punctuation, tense, and typographical errors
- Review word choice and sentence structure to ensure that your language flows logically, using appropriate tone and style, to achieve a presentation that is clear, concise, and consistent
- Take great care to preserve your voice and meaning
- Provide comments to bring your attention to any issues with storyline, character, or theme
- Address any particular areas of concern that you may have.
Upon completion of the editing, your editor will return
- A marked copy, showing all corrections and comments*
- A revised copy, with corrections accepted and comments removed*
- A document with additional comments, recommendations, and suggestions that supplement the comments in the manuscript, if such exposition is necessary.
Because PDFs are only a depiction of text that cannot be altered, the editor will return only one copy, with marks that show where and what changes are required. If you have us edit a PDF, you will have to go back to the original file and insert the changes yourself.
We are aware that you will likely require assistance after you have reviewed the edited work, and WordsRU will not close the door on your manuscript until you indicate that you are ready for us to do so. Once the edit is returned to you, your editor will:
- Answer your questions
- Explain any comments and recommendations provided in the edited document
- Review specific, short passages of text that you have revised or rewritten per the comments.
Finally, every editing project is overseen from start to finish by the chief editor, who will monitor the progress of your project and provide assistance to you if necessary. While communication with your editor occurs through our secure messaging system, your chief editor is available to you if you need to speak to someone "live."
Your textbook deserves to meet its maximum potential. Get your free quote at WordsRU today!