WordsRU's professional editors understand how strongly you feel about the materials you create.
You want an editor who can improve the quality of your writing without losing your voice, who will help you make the most of your story without altering its integrity. Whether you are attempting your first novel or you make a living as a professional writer, WordsRU can match you with an expert editor who will address the troublesome problems that plague your manuscript.
of our new clients say they will use our service again
- Within 48 hours, deadline guaranteed.*
- Professional results.
- Excellent value.
- Free sample edit with your first Job.
Measured from receipt of payment, for edits less than 5,000 words.
of our clients would recommend us to a friend
What Our Fiction Editing Service Will Do for You
WordsRU's professional editors can help make the most of your fiction writing. To that end, we will:
- Edit your fiction for grammatical, spelling, punctuation, tense, and typographical errors
- Review word choice and sentence structure to ensure that your language flows logically, using appropriate tone and style, to achieve a presentation that is clear, concise, and consistent
- Take great care to preserve your voice and meaning
- Provide comments to bring your attention to any issues with storyline, character, or theme
- Address any particular areas of concern that you may have.
Upon completion of the fiction editing, your editor will return
- A marked copy, showing all corrections and comments*
- A revised copy, with corrections accepted and comments removed*
- A document with additional comments, recommendations, and suggestions that supplement the comments in the manuscript, if such exposition is necessary.
Because PDFs are only a depiction of text that cannot be altered, the editor will return only one copy, with marks that show where and what changes are required. If you have us edit a PDF, you will have to go back to the original file and insert the changes yourself.
We are aware that you will likely require assistance after you have reviewed the edited work, and WordsRU will not close the door on your manuscript until you indicate that you are ready for us to do so. Once the edit is returned to you, your editor will:
- Answer your questions
- Explain any comments and recommendations provided in the edited document
- Review specific, short passages of text that you have revised or rewritten per the comments.
Finally, every editing project is overseen from start to finish by the chief editor, who will monitor the progress of your project and provide assistance to you if necessary. While communication with your editor occurs through our secure messaging system, your chief editor is available to you if you need to speak to someone "live."
Want to see what we can do? Submit your manuscript for a free quote and sample edit today.