WordsRU's professional editors have many years of experience in writing, rewriting, and editing CVs and résumés. They will help to present your strengths, skills, and previous successes in an appropriate and effective way, while addressing how the respective selection criteria, position description, and duty statement match your skills and experience.
of our new clients say they will use our service again
- Within 48 hours, deadline guaranteed.*
- Professional results.
- Excellent value.
- Free sample edit with your first Job.
Measured from receipt of payment, for edits less than 5,000 words.
of our clients would recommend us to a friend
When preparing a résumé, it is vital that you keep a positive attitude and always have your objective in mind.
You must know as much as possible about the employer, the profession, the industry, and the position you are about to apply for before you even begin to prepare your résumé or curriculum vitae (CV). You should also have a very clear picture in your mind of the strengths and specific skills you will bring to the position and those that will have the greatest relevance to your potential employer.
Above all, it is imperative that you have your résumé or CV edited, for nothing will undo your careful preparation so effectively as spelling errors or incorrect grammar! WordsRU's online editorial service offers grammar checking and punctuation help, as well as the correction of spelling and typographical errors. Your professional editor will look after the layout, writing, and structure of your résumé or CV to ensure that it offers the best possible profile of your qualifications, skills, and experience to your prospective employer.
Your editor will
- Tailor your CV or résumé to the position
- Make sure that your CV or résumé clearly addresses the nature of the position as relates to the strengths, experiences, and skills that you bring to it
- Ensure that your CV or résumé responds to each of the key elements in the selection criteria or position description
- Use bulleting to accentuate major points and make sure that the employer's attention is visually drawn to those areas that make you the ideal candidate
- Use active voice and key verbs to powerfully present your achievements
- Keep your résumé to a single page, if possible, or no more than two
- Ensure that all the elements of your qualifications are presented where they belong.
Your cover letter is the first thing your potential employer will read, and WordsRU's editors know how important it is that your cover letter stands out from the rest! With years of experience providing professional cover letter editing, your editor can quickly determine what you are trying to say and make sure that your letter says it as clearly and effectively as possible.
In addition to structuring cover letters with an appropriate introduction, body, and conclusion, it is important that the tone of the letter be suited to its purpose. Your WordsRU editor will not only check your letter for grammar and punctuation, but will also address the organization and effectiveness of the letter, making sure that you present yourself and your interest in the position in the best possible way.
WordsRU's online editorial service includes cover letter editing that is tailored to whatever level of assistance you require. Our qualified and professional editors will ensure that your words are ideally suited to your purpose and form, with sentences that are clear, persuasive, and fluent.
Your editor will
- Use shorter sentences, so no points are easily overlooked
- Ensure active voice where possible, to make powerful, confident statements
- Correct for appropriate use of jargon or in-house terminology
- Make sure to keep the letter professional and impressive
- Make sure your cover letter is clear, concise, and courteous.
What We Can Do for You
- Edit your CV, résumé, or cover letter for grammatical, spelling, punctuation, tense, and typographical errors
- Review word choice and sentence structure to ensure that your language flows logically, using appropriate tone and style, to achieve a presentation that is clear, concise, and consistent
- Take great care to preserve your voice and meaning
- Provide comments to bring your attention to any issues with the storyline
- Address any particular areas of concern that you may have.
Upon completion of the editing, your editor will return
- A marked copy, showing all corrections and comments*
- A revised copy, with corrections accepted and comments removed*
- A document with additional comments, recommendations, and suggestions that supplement the comments in the manuscript, if such exposition is necessary.
Because PDFs are only a depiction of text that cannot be altered, the editor will return only one copy, with marks that show where and what changes are required. If you have us edit a PDF, you will have to go back to the original file and insert the changes yourself.
We are aware that you will likely require assistance after you have reviewed the edited work, and WordsRU will not close the door on your manuscript until you indicate that you are ready for us to do so. Once the edit is returned to you, your editor will:
- Answer your questions
- Explain any comments and recommendations provided in the edited document
- Review specific, short passages of text that you have revised or rewritten per the comments.
Finally, every editing project is overseen from start to finish by the chief editor, who will monitor the progress of your project and provide assistance to you if necessary. While communication with your editor occurs through our secure messaging system, your chief editor is available to you if you need to speak to someone "live."